Choose from units, cottages, an artist’s studio, cabins, dormitories, luxury rooms all with modern conveniences, or just sleep in a tent. Breakfast in bed, cook your own, or eat out. The choices for overnight comfort are varied, with tropical forest settings and access to water in pools and creeks adding to the experience.
After a busy day take the opportunity to relax at your accommodation and listen for Kuranda’s many night roaming creatures: wallabies, pademelons, bandicoots, flying foxes, owls and curlews and the “murdered woman”- the scrub hen. The wet season from December through to April is a time for frog music – the real sound of the tropical rainforest. All this is possible from your Kuranda accommodation hide-away.
Cedar Park Rainforest Resort
Kuranda Birdwatchers’ Cabin
Platypus Springs Rainforest Retreat
More Kuranda Accommodation
- Cantata Studio is located in the lush rainforest of Kuranda Village. This working artist’s studio offers unique, affordable, self contained accommodation. An ideal environment for peace and tranquility. Ph: (07) 40939293
- Kaleidoscope Retreats in Speewah offers a wonderful, spacious room with external entrance and private outdoor area. Prices start from $70 per night. Tranquil, peaceful setting. Ph: (07) 40930531/0407330702
- Kuranda Rainforest Accommodation Park – Shady campsites to fully self-contained cabins set amongst the rainforest. Restaurant on site (seasonal). Lots of wildlife about to enjoy. (07) 4093 7316
- Kuranda Villas – Two spacious and comfortable self-contained family villas in the heart of Kuranda. A perfect place to stay while exploring this beautiful region. Ph: 0455 628 888
- Miju Rainforest Retreat B&B – Come and relax in a fully self-contained 2 bedroom house nestled in the rainforest. More than just a bed and breakfast, it’s your home away from home. Ph: (07) 4093 9304
- Rainforest House B&B – This unique couples accommodation is within walking distance to Kuranda village. It is situated on 2½ acres of wet tropics rainforest with an abundance of wildlife. Ph (07) 4093 7332
- Sunbird Cabin B&B – Situated in magnificent Speewah, a few minutes from Kuranda, the Cabin offers everything for a very special escape. Ph: (07) 4093 0199
Camping in Kuranda
Kuranda offers a number of well-appointed camping spots. Camping is also available at the Kuranda Rainforest Accommodation Park.
Speewah Trailhead & Campground
The Speewah Trailhead and campground (Guwulu) is the starting point for all the major trails in Barron Gorge National Park. The isolated landscaped campground has three tent-sites, parking for three campervans, gas barbecues and an amenities block with a cold shower. Signs at the trailhead indicate where the walks start. A self-registration booth near the toilets provides forms and a deposit box for fees. Camping fees are $5.45 per person per night or $21.80 per family per night. A family group is up to two adults and accompanying children under 18. Children under 5 are free
Davies Creek National Park
Davies Creek National Park, also known as Dinden Forest Reserve, is 28km from Kuranda. The park, which is situated on Davies Creek, is a popular destination for travellers and locals. The creek is a wonderful area for nature lovers and kids, with crystal clear pools between granite boulders that create rapids and natural rockslides.
The camping area downstream from the falls is open to campers on a first-in basis. A self-registration booth near the toilets provides forms and a deposit box for fees. Cost per adult per night is $5.45; family rates do not exceed $21.80 provided the children are under 15 years of age, and children under five are free. The maximum length of stay is 22 days. There are several wood-fuelled barbecues under the trees beside the creek for day-trippers and campers – wood is provided. There are three camping areas beyond the falls; each area has two campsites and a shared toilet. They are regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency and must be booked in advance through their website: www.derm.qld.gov.au
For more information on Kuranda accommodation, please contact the Visitor Information Centre on (07) 4093 9311 or email@example.com